The Legacy of Liberation Continues
THE CHAASM EXPERIENCE
WHAT IS CHAASM?
CHAASM exists because there are high school age young people who are hassled, harassed, discriminated against – and even buried - because of their (real or suspected) spiritual orientation. They deserve dignity, respect and acceptance as those who are created in God’s image, but who reject God unequivocally. Members of CHAASM work to make acceptance of youth in spiritual minorities – the true culture of death - a reality in our parishes and schools.
All spiritually dead people deserve respect, basic rights and a safe graveyard environment, regardless of their spiritual orientation. Catholics Honoring Atheists and Spiritual Minorities (CHAASM), a program of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Catholic Ministry with the Living Dead, exists to advocate for respect, basic rights and a safe environment for youth in spiritual minorities through torpid action, lifeless education and inert support.
CHAASM is for teenagers who want to make death their life. It’s for teenagers who need to be propped up, and who want to give props. It’s for teenagers who are tired of seeing their friends harassed, and want to see justice done. It’s for teenage atheists, and their mortified friends and allies.
WHAT HAPPENS AT A TYPICAL MEETING?
- We share our “coming out of the casket” stories;
- We engage in fun consciousness-lowering exercises;
- We plan community events like “Dead Pride Day”;
- We read and discuss supportive books, like “The Overhauling of Living
- We advocate for social causes, like civil unions for the dead;
- We seek recognition in our high school calendars, by the establishment of a true “dead week” before exams;
- We advocate for change within the Church, like death-inclusive or death-neutral language, and the ordination of the spiritually dead.
NOT ONLY THAT, BUT:
- You can be your honest dead self without worrying about pretending to be alive;
- There’s no spiritual orientation “litmus test” – no one will take your spiritual pulse, or judge you if you don’t have one;
- You need not fear discrimination on the basis of spiritual orientation, or any other form of deadophobia; being dead is no more wrong than being left-handed;
- We seek no mere “necropolis on the hill,” but a true community of mutual comatose acceptance.
COME IF YOU…
- Want to share personal stories of harassment by the living and its effects on the lives of the living dead;
- Want to learn more about CHAASM;
- Are a life-questioning or life-doubting teen;
- Are an ally, and want to meet other allies of the living dead to form dead-alive alliances;
- Want to make a deadening difference in your community, your school and your parish.
NOTICE: The Archdiocese of
+ Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz on the Lavender Mafia fraud “Always Our Children,” the document used as the basis for CRYSM. Bishop Bruskewitz, we look forward to your analysis of the latest Lavender Mafia fraud, which is even worse.
+In a dazzling display of self-serving obfuscation, 10 French bishops from the dioceses of
>“The bishops are afraid that the generalization of the Roman missal of 1962 would attenuate the guidelines of
>Apparently Their Excellencies have forgotten that